Tuesday, February 19, 2008

powerland electronics... dont buy....

BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE! Powerland Electronics Pty Ltd eBay Store!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello my name is #@&^ @&^$*$# and I recently signed up to eBay and was ready to begin my wonderful journey of finding bargains, and also selling a few unwanted things I had around the house, now this probably sounds very normal and also very common but this story ends in a tragic series of events that will forever take my trust away from a certain seller on eBay and I would like the world to know what sort of people/ wolves are waiting out there to take advantage of Hard working honest Aussie's like me. Now your probably wondering which store/seller I am talking about and that name is (Powerland Electronics)...... They are very easy to find on eBay as they are one of eBay's largest sellers. Your probably wondering why I am so angry with this particular seller well here we go I am going to tell you and after reading this I genuinely hope you think twice before buying any product from this seller.
I have been saving my money every week for the last year so I can surprise my wife and two children with a 50" plasma t.v which wasn't needed in our house but I thought my family deserved a treat, so I spent the year doing little bits of overtime at work where ever I could to have the extra money to pay for the t.v.
Well the day finally came and I logged onto eBay to try and find a bargain, and low and behold I got one...... Or so I thought..........

I came across the seller Powerland Electronics which seem to sell t.v's at a discount price as they are used, that would be fine I thought as it says it comes with warranty.

Now here is where I started to run into trouble, the t.v discription says that the t.v would be dispatched 24 hours after payment and sent via a courier
(Australian Air Express). Now I have looked into this and to send an item from Sydney to Tasmania using the service Powerland Electronics uses I should have had my t.v in 3 days.

Well the t.v actually took weeks to get to me......

After the first week I tracked down the number for Powerland Electronics over the net and gave them a call to enquire what had happened and they told me that the t.v was on the way, I asked for a consignment number from the courier company so as to ring them my self and hopefully track the item. They did give me a consignment number but when I called the courier company they sold me simply that the number did not exist. This got me concerned some what so I called Powerland Electronics with no luck, no answer on the phone...... The very next day I was on the phone again trying to find out what was going on, this time they did answer only to tell me that the only gentleman that can help me was away that day and I would have to wait until he returned to work the next day as no one else there could help me. Well the next day came and once again I was on the phone ( Tasmania to Sydney $$$ ) and as luck would have it the gentleman that was away the prior day was today there, I spoke with him and explained what had happened and he informed me that the courier company had broken my t.v ( LIE ) and he would be sending out another one.

Well he did as he said and sent out another t.v and one week later I finally received it.

The whole family couldn't have been more excited when the courier pulled out a 50" plasma from his van, we got inside and in a mad excited hurry we pulled the box apart only to reveal a 50" plasma all right but with no power cord or remote.......................

Well I don't need to tell you that the smile's in the house soon turned to frown's when we all realized that we had a 50" plasma all right but couldn't watch it...

I tried to call Powerland Electronics that same day but with no luck... No answer AGAIN.... So the next morning I was on the phone again $$$ and finally got someone, after I explained what had happened the man I spoke to asked me if I was sure about what I was saying..... It seems like they think I have nothing better to do but to spend countless dollars on std calls for fun...... Any way they finally agreed to send me the power cord and remote, and after yet another week they arrived.

Now if this wasn't bad enough service it was now time to leave feedback on eBay. I chose to leave negative feedback as I belive the service I received was poor, rude and misleading. I am sure you would agree.............

After leaving the negative feedback I was contacted by 5 other eBay members with almost the exact same story as mine about the seller Powerland Electronics.

Now as you all know it was now Powerland Electronics turn to leave feedback for me, and you would think it would be positive right?

WRONG..........

They indeed left me negative feedback which reduces my chances of having a good buying or selling rating on eBay, as we all know BEWARE of negative feedback.

When I asked Powerland Electronics about the negative feedback they had left for me the replied with what is called a mutual withdraw offer....

This is obviously there way of avoiding receiving negative feedback....... you accept the mutual withdraw and they come out squeaky clean.

When I asked them to remove the false negative feedback they had left for me they replied simply with quote "You already was sent a mutual feedback withdrawal, all you have to do is accept it and the feedback will be removed" un quote.......

Now that to me is straight out Blackmail...... I did not accept the mutual withdraw offer and subsequently my eBay record is tarnished.

So I will leave it up to you Australia, if you would still like to deal with Powerland Electronics then be my guest but buyer BEWARE!!!!!!

This could and most probably will happen to YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I wonder if u could tell me what suburb cause i think i have recently bought from them. I thank u in anticpation

Peter McNamara said...

Thanks for the feedback. I'll be wary.

Unknown said...

i have puchased many items and have not had a problem at all and all there items come with a warranty so im a happy customer

shaun001 said...

I live 2min drive from powerland in warwick farm in sydney i have bought all my electronics from them no problem at all.

Unknown said...

the delay from the couriers is explainable and the missing power cable and remote does not make them bad people for they sent them out (which is mentioned in their listing) i believe you are just a winger.

Gabes said...

I have bought numerous items from powerland at great prices, great quality and great service and I highly reccomend them... I think you must just have too much time on your hands to write such a long negative review.

YoursByStyle Photography said...

I have to agree with Gabes. Bought LED tv, washing machine and a few other electronics stuff and had no problem. Did the listing on ebay say you will get the item in 3 days or is it just your expectation because they uses certain company?